Thursday, February 17, 2011

Captured and Clothed


~A little shadow PLAY with my camera~
Here it is Thursday night and I'm just now getting around to posting my OLW-Captured entry for this past Saturday. Better late than never, I guess. If it means anything, I actually did snap this on the weekend. We had some glorious sunshine, and ever since I read about Angela Cartwright's experiments with snapping shadows I've wanted to try it. I loved how the wind was moving the water, too. It didn't look quite this way to me thru the viewfinder when I squeezed the clicker...it actually looks artsier, more impressionistic. This is the original untouched photo, by the way.

How did you like my Valentines? As usual, I wish I could have started earlier and made 2-3 times as many, for once I got into it I didn't want to stop. And as usual, Missy's card order sucked up all my available art energy. (Why do children do that and can't they ever stop or atleast give us more lead time???)

Anyway, I've decided to just keep the papers out and make up Happy Anniversary cards -- ride the Muse for all she's worth. Of course, I need to be puttin' it all up and movin' that damn desk into my Playroom. All in good time. It'll happen. Next time goal for that is my birthday at the end of this month. I figure that'd be a really nice present to myself and hey, I don't have to make any cards for that birthday, lol. (I hope!)

In the meantime, here's another of my clothing combinations. Sorry for the baggy look...I've lost some weight since last winter:

This one is on the edge of out-there with the pattern mixing, I admit. But it works fine for around the house or even to the post office or grocery store. I don't know what possessed me to buy a camo print, but I think I bought two of them in different colors.
It might have been the bling. As you can see in this close-up, there are glitter lines in the pattern. Glitter camo? Only in Texas, my friends, winkwink

Enough for now. I posted about the new Anti-Inflammation Diet Pyramid and some grain-y solutions over on my Antics blog, if you are interested.