Friday, May 15, 2009

Lay it on me...


5-Layer Love artist post card... made for a swap challenging us to build 5 layers on our cards. This card began with layer #1, the front of a note card that I saved from some mail art I received from Kim, whose art is great and with whom I share a little bit of a demented fan ship: the old soap opera Passions -- Timmy Forever! hehe I pulled out my rub-ons and heart embellies I had in the old Bash Stash, and commenced to layering.


Here is the other card I made for this swap, titled Odori Geisha. For this, I even did research... on google. lol It took forever to finally figure out what geisha fan dancers were called. There just happen to be dozens of different Japanese dancer categories, depending upon the props used and the reasons for dancing. I may not have this 100% correct, but close enough. I used Yasutomo papers (and their Nori paste) and cut them out using my Coluzzle templates. The fan and blossom are Spellbinders die cuts that I colored with my zig markers.

4 comments:

Tatiana Kuzyk said...

'From now until Forever' is simply stunning!!! I love everything about it, color theme, angel wings, heart shapes, and of course,the text. If you didn't mention that it's a card-size, I'd feel this collage to be quiet large in dimensions. This piece would be one of those for me that I'd like to cherish and keep it around and close by, so I'd enjoy XXX-Large proporations of it as it'd surround me with gentle, beautiful energy....
Love it, nothing else to add.
Tatiana

Nancy Wyatt said...

Amazing! You are so very very talented! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

Linda said...

Beautiful ATC's I really like the 5 layer love. I also like how May came out. There were some events there I didn't know about, like tap dance day. :)

Ivy said...

Love the card Aimeslee...and I so love that you used the notecard I sent you as the background!! Very cool!

You are one of the few Timmy/Tabitha/Passions fans that I've met...we are truly kindred souls....LOL