Monday, August 15, 2011

I saw the moon and the moon saw me

I have a birthday card for a brother-in-law to share today. All papers from my scraps:

Sentiment stamp by Inkadinkado (center), colored with Zig pigment pens and Sakura gel pens. Various Quickutz diecuts. All mats cut with Coluzzles.
Oy. I have really been unmotivated lately. Add unfocussed to that. I have a constant stream of ideas and gleen inspiration practically everywhere, yet it's not translating into any creative activity for me that produces art. I suspect I may be in a bunker mentality to just wait out the heat by doing as little as possible, any mental self-discipline be damned save hygiene, household chores, financial matters, scheduled sleep and pet care. Can you tell I might have thought about this in detail? winkwink

Anyway, I began July intent upon creating a slew of family birthday and anniversary cards ahead of time. I got almost halfway through that goal before this current malaise hit me. So, I'm going to re-commit to that right here *on-air*, as they say. And, I'll up the ante by committing to try to add 2 pieces of furniture cleared, cleaned and moved per week. The moving might cause me delay, but I should be able to handle the clearing off and cleaning part. Just.need.to.focus.

Moving right along to the subject of today's blog post title, I took some shots of the full moon the other night, using all 3 of my cameras, and I've been stalling my sharing of them because I was trying to think up a way to do it without a slide show (not into those anymore, right now, but I reserve the right to change my mind at any time). So, I'll just share them randomly for a while and see how that goes. But, I did learn how to make a contact sheet in Photoshop (yay me!), so I will show that first:

If you like looking at the moon and clouds, you may like these. I think some of them are gorgeous! None are technically detailed and crisp. I didn't use my tripod or gorilla pad. And I cannot remember which camera I used on which, not offhand. I just enjoyed the light reflecting on the clouds, the shadows in the clouds, the blue ringed and white ringed ones...

So this is the one I chose for today. The clouds look a little like a dinosaur head swallowing a glowing orb. Yup, nothing wrong with my imagination, is there? winkwink