Sunday, June 12, 2011

Catching Up, BIG Time

Whoa, has it been that long????? Yup, it has! Gotta do some catching up, on displaying the cards I've made this Spring, and what's been up in general.

A birthday card for Hubster began with these stickers languishing in my supplies:

And then there was this sketch from SplitCoast Stampers:

Add some old BG paper, a Sizzix embossing plate and some Bic Mark-it markers, a cake sentiment sticker and some ribbon, and I got this far:




Now, to fill in with those 1952 stickers. I soon realized that Hubs would love to see as many as possible and they were not all gonna fit on the card front, so I decided to include some on the inside:

Now that I look at the card again, I see additional elements: some stitch rub-ons, a Spellbinders crown that I Stickled a bit...this became on of those *pile-it-on* creations, and it thrilled me to be able to put it all together. The Hubs liked it, too.

He also liked the two birthday meals he snagged. First one up was delish Tex-Mex at Escalente's near Missy in Houston:

A few days later he was treated to a seafood buffet at the Country Club by Papa. All of our plates looked like this:

The Hubster, smiling constantly, looked like this: