Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Just My Type of Birthday Card

Hello to a next week and to all my blogging friends. Today I am sharing a square-shaped birthday card.

This is for my friend Patti, whom I call PattiCakes. 

I used this sketch and am entering my card in C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #485: Sketch.

 
For my card, I used these Hero Arts stamp sets.

I also used these tin type letters and am entering the Frilly & Funkie Just My Type Challenge.

I stamped the cupcake (and the sentiment) with VersaMark ink and then heat embossed with Ranger Magenta EP, but then I tried a little something new with my Promarkers. I took a couple shades of a tea rose pink that blended with the background pink text paper and colored my embossed image. It gave a nice subtle tone change to the pink color. I also took a couple of greys and outlined it.

Then I took my black Carbon Fountain pen and outlined the stamped and embossed sentiment.

I bradded some of these plastic vinyl flowers from my stash and used for the circles in the sketch. These are cool because when the light catches them they change colors. Don't ask me how, but they do.

The patterned card stock I used came from this DCWV stack. I also used various pieces of solid card stock from my scraps stash.

Inside sentiments. The card base is some very ancient American Crafts card stock that had a solid pink on one side and this circle pattern on the other. 

On the back I used my well-loved Avery Elle siggie stamp on my card's leftover scraps using some more American Crafts cs here.

The scalloped frames behind the cupcake and the sentiment are Spellbinders dies.

In addition to the two challenges I linked above, I am also participating in these challenges:
6. Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #81: What's New - Alcohol marker on heat embossing

That's it for me this time. Thanks for visiting me and I hope you enjoy some creative time this week!
xoxo











No comments: