Saturday, February 17, 2018

A-One-And-A-Two-And-A...


Hiya! Hope the weekend is going well fer yas! 

Just popping in on this Saturday evening to share these 2 little art cards that were inspired by challenges: sheet music and birds and resist techniques. 

First up is this artist trading card I made. This week's challenge over at Think Monday Think ATC is Sheet Music & Clefs. That got me started combining with a few other challenges, and my mind soon wanted something that said Spring.


I had used a little DecoArt Metallic Lustre Rose Gold on Honey's Valentine card and as the product was still setting out on my table, I thought, let's stencil some sheet music. I scooped some onto a craft sheet, mixed in a little soft gloss gel and it worked very nicely indeed. 

The shimmer is off the hook! I separately smooshed some Distress inks (Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn) onto my craft sheet, misted a bit of water, and then with a paint brush, applied them to get this gorgeous rainbow-y resist-y look. I am calling my resist technique Metallic Lustre Resist!

I then heat-embossed an Impression Obsession sentiment stamp onto some deli paper and used a Spellbinder Nestability to cut a frame, which I then outlined with a Prisma metallic copper pencil on both sides and applied some rose gold Stickles on top. These cute little birdie brads hold the sentiment in place.

Here's the shimmer on the sentiment close-up.

One last look at all that shiny shimmer!

I will link up my "Symphony" ATC to the following challenges:





And, I always try to make another Rolo for my ScriptureDex when I can. I used Archival ink for this one (Buttercup, Fern Green and Majestic Violet), and except for the ancient scrapbooking musical notes stickers, everything is hand-stamped. I do have note stamps I could have used, but hey, I'm all about using up what I already have when I can. 

This shot shows how I got the green mat behind my yellow Technique Junkies Proverbs stamp bible verse. An old Leave Memories silhouette frame stamp served me well here. You can also see that the Rolo was originally stamped with an old Glitz Design flower lace background in yellow, then a Glitz music background in violet, before distressing the edges with the green ink. The bottom border stamp is ancient Sassafras Las.

Here is my Rolo on the Dex. That cute lil singing bird (is he a MaCaw or a Toucan????) is a Rubber Soul Day at the Zoo clear stamp.  

I will link up this Psalm 104:33 Rolo to the following challenges:



Technique Junkies Spring ATC Challenge  (not an ATC, but it's close enough to play)



Thanks a bunch for visiting and double-bunch for leaving me a comment! 

No comments: