Sunday, January 21, 2018

A Fab-YOU-Lous Idea



Hello Sweet Peeps! I've been a bad girl not posting for a week, but I had a good excuse. My dad was in the hospital (much better now!), plus I went down an unexpected rabbit hole repairing and altering my Puns & Roses Glue Book's cover as its original cover was peeling off something awful. I will share that project later. For now, I want to share the other art I'd finished prior to that. The above 4x6 2018 Affirmation card is my 3rd of 6 - 3 more to go! I did one of my favorite techniques, plain and simple sponging distress inks with an embossed stamped image (this one is rubber from Lost Coast Designs). The text is QuicKutz Eliza font.


I wanted to get the color combo right, so I went through my old Design Seeds I saved on my computer. I subscribed to their daily inspiration email for a long time so I have many to choose from. I liked this combo and matched as well as I could my Distress Inks to them. And I managed to use all the colors (my favorites). The message on my card is a favorite as well and while I have not had a Word for the Year in quite a while, this thought is in my mental forefront and I hope to keep it there, so pretty much the same thing in my book. Plus, Fab-YOU-lous is an awesome spelling, don't you think? ;-) That would have to be my word if I were forced to choose one for 2018. So here's hoping that 2018 is The Year of Fab-YOU-Lous! haha

I am entering the above 4x6 Fab-YOU-Lous Affirmation card to the following challenges:


My next share is an ATC that I created to go on a Happy New Year card I'm making to send to a dear friend. I made 2 of these ATC's for HNY cards, both featuring snowmen to commemorate our winter which has had a few rare snow days. Snowmen are the theme at TMTA, so for this first one I used a base wrapped in wrapping paper (the theme a few weeks back that I missed playing in - wrapping the base was as far as I got!). I stamped Snow Days in white embossing powder and added the stamped year to the Gecko Gals collage sheet image. Ribbon and a funky flower with a snowball brad finished it off.

Here is my second snowman ATC, this one is stamped and so is the Brrrr which is heat embossed clear. I colored the card with Copics and added the ribbon. The snowflake brads were heat-embossed with white powder.

I am entering the first ATC only in the following challenge:

I am entering BOTH ATC's in the following challenges:

And, I will share my greeting cards made with these ATC's in my next post!

Have a pleasant Sunday!

No comments: