Saturday, December 9, 2017

A Little Christmas Elfin'



Hello. I hope everyone is having a pleasurable holiday season. I'm popping in to share my one project that seems to meet 5 challenges. That doesn't happen often at all in my world, so I consider it a bit of a Christmas miracle, lol. Heck, meeting one challenge is a bit of a rarity.

I did not originally set out to meet any other challenge but the "Elves" theme at Sunday Postcard Art. I got an idea for it and you know how that goes. I said to myself, I can do this one. Plus, I made an actual, legitimate Christmas decoration for my house with it, so BONUS. I work more slowly than grass grows, so I did something on it every day.

I first searched my collage sheets and my stamps for an elf. I had this cute fella from Sliekje Digital Stamps, so I resized him in PSE and printed him out and colored him with my Copics. Then I fussy cut him. I used some shiny Gold Lame' Smooch ink to color in his jingle bells.

I had noticed that my elf was looking up, so I thought of my Flying Santa and Reindeer stamp from See-D's. I used a piece of dark blue cardstock for my base, cut a circle out of a piece of paper for a mask and sponged some silver Brilliance ink to make a moon. Then, I stamped Santa in the sky with some VersaFine ink. At first I thought the VersaFine wasn't going to dry on top of the Brilliance, but after 2 days it did. Then I used a white Sharpie Paint Pen for the ground and the edges.

Now for the sentiment. Of course I had to use what I did, a sentiment stamp from Technique Junkies. I stamped it in VersaMark ink and then used white Hero Arts powder to heat emboss it. I adhered my elf to the base and then attached the base to a 4x6 piece of thin chipboard I'd covered in some green paper. Some Stickles snowflakes / stars and more shiny gold Smooch for edging and some ink distressing around the outer edges finished it off.

In addition to Sunday Postcard Art, I am also participating in the "Believe" Challenge #43 over at Mixed Media Monthly , as well as the "Twinkle Twinkle" challenge at Try It On Tuesdays , the "Heat Embossing" Challenge over at Moo Mania , and the "Winter Wonderland" Challenge over at A Vintage Journey.

Things are busy here with daily life, but I hope to post again soon. It really helps me to try to create during times of stress like the holidays. I hope you can stop and have fun along the way this season. I plan to! Later!

No comments: