Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Artist Trading Card Challenges

Hello again! I've been making some ATC's for a couple of challenges over on Think Monday Think ATC. I was hoping it would be a good quick way to loosen up my creativity and it did not disappoint.  
 The above card was made for last week's challenge "Mushrooms".  I am also entering it in Take A Word's Heart challenge. I used stamps by Lawn Fawn, Sweet n Sassy Stamps, and the sun is an incredibly ancient D.O.T.S. stamp, colored with my alcohol markers, then outlining with my epic carbon pen and gel pen.  I approached this first one like I would a greeting card front and also practiced my masking. I didn't get it finished in time before the next challenge began, but the linky stays open for latecomers like me, so I am adding it...and moving on to the current week.

The current challenge at TMTATC is "Camera and Filmstrip".  I went all through my stamp inventory and found quite a few cameras and other appropriate images. The thought came to me to do a series, like 6, and group them in an 8x8 frame. I wanted to do these first couple more artsy, so I quickly made some backgrounds with my inks and then played with stamped collage, where you collage with stamps instead of paper.

It's always a challenge for me the few times I've ventured. So, "Lights Camera Action" is as far as I got on that. Made a few errors because it wasn't planned out enough, but I'm happy enough with it. I used stamps by Artistic Outpost and EK Success.

"Smile Click Capture" was a good effort in me calming down, I think. Sparse and simple. 3 elements: image, text, border. Stamps are Maya Road and Kaiser Craft. I accentuated the words with some marker and gel penning. Stamps by Maya Road and Kaiser Craft.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have great week!


No comments: