Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Revisiting Father's Day

Hello there. This week I thought I would feature the Father's Day cards that I've made that I haven't shared here on the blog. (To remind, I took a posting hiatus from mid-2012 to early this year.) The card above features a tag that I am entering in my friend Sandra's new weekly challenge, Go Tag Thursday. I used ink through a stencil to get the houndstooth design on the tag's background. I did the Cuttlebug Highlights technique I learned from Technique Junkies on the card's background layer. I tried to use patterns that reminded one of masculine fabrics and textures. The card also features Artistic Outpost Hats Off stamp set stamps, so I'll enter it in their Show Us Your AO Art monthly challenge as well. I made this for my own dad last week, who is both a gentleman and a gentle man, so appropriate for him. Plus, he loves vintage images, they remind him of his childhood -- he was born in 1927 and is a spry 89.

Here's the card I made him in 2014 (I gave him a store-bought card in 2013). This is probably one of my favorite cards I've ever made. It just turned out so nice-looking. I used papers by the Rustic Chic collection from The Angel Company, and the stamps are from Verve.

Here's the card I made my dad in 2015. I used those very old Junkitz card stock papers (remember the black and white dots and designs? Same collection.) Verve and Avery Elle sentiments stamps, 100 Proof Press truck stamp, and the little beer and burger stamps I'm not spending an hour looking for to tell you who made (my bad). The shape elements are actually discarded die cut scraps that were in my desk pile.

I will show cards I made my husband for Father's Days now and then next time. Til then, thanks a bunch for the visit and for any comments you may leave, and happy arting! xoxo


No comments: