Monday, May 9, 2016

ROLO Share

Hope your Monday was tolerable, friends! I did a little housework, bill-paying and relaxing after a stressful but nice weekend. As promised, I have a couple of Rolos to share with you. They are also known as ARCs (Altered Rolodex Cards).

 First up: an Oriental / Asian themed Rolo made for a private trade. The background was made with Smooch Inks, then I messy-inked the edge all around with an alcohol marker. Adhered lines of fibers and ribbon. Die-cut a circle out of 7Gypsies Sushi paper. Added my fussy-cut umbrella lady focal image (a very old Collage Stuff collage sheet) and a metal fan from my stash. Colored, fussy-cut and tucked in an actual cookie fortune (yes, I save them - doesn't everyone? haha) as the final touch (and some glitter, of course!).

This Rolo was made for the monthly swap in the yahoo group that I recently left. The fussy-cut sentiment is from a Retro CafĂ© Arts collage sheet, and the birdhouse and bird are from a huge collection of diecuts that came with a crafts-themed desk calendar I bought several years ago. The flowers (with Stickled centers) and the base card stock is from my stash (I want to say that is Prima paper, but not sure). I lined the edge with an alcohol marker. This one is sans holes because I did not use my usual thin official Rolodex cards. I traced the shape onto card stock so it would be sturdier. Then when I went to punch the holes with my official Rolodex punch, I messed up. So I adhered a small rectangle of the same card stock over it and left the hole punching to my recipient. I know she will do a better job, lol.

And now I will hang my head in shame for not having made any Scripture-Dex Rolos for myself. I vow to make at least 1 per month, so nothing has really changed, right? Instead of making one for this swap every month, I will now make one for me. Sounds like a plan!

Thanks for dropping by and saying hi. Hope all your art-farts smell delightful! {winkwink} xoxo

No comments: