Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Back to the Blog

Hello All. I took a few days off from creating and did some much-needed putting up of new supplies! Mostly breaking up stamp sets and finding spots to add them to my themed cd cases, stamp them on the label, scan and replace my digital inventory files, and then clean the stamps and put up. Too many times, I pulled cd cases where if I scooched the stamps closer together, I could get one more in there, so I'd end up re-stamping the entire label on those. Anyway, after 3 days of it, I'm about 1/3 of the way through and I am thoroughly enjoying a break!

 I'm sharing a card I made using the Herringbone Technique I learned from Technique Junkies on the background. This is what I call a "fat" version, lol. Most of the papers are cut larger than usual, and I like the look here.
 The polaroid frame is a Lawn Fawn die, Say Cheese. The owl stamp is very old - Sassafras Las' Olivia & Friends. The sentiment stamp is from Avery Elle's Cupcakes set.
 A Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3 die made for a great place to stamp the sentiment from Avery Elle Stay Fresh.
 And the back, with my stamp heat-embossed with gold powder. I've been racking my brain to no avail as to the name of this paper, which was a coordinated set at one time, but I only know it is so old that I've managed to use enough of it to get down to the scraps, because that is all I have left. Once something makes it to my scraps drawers, I keep no records. I keep thinking A2Z, and there used to be some 12x12 in my paper holder, but I make no assurances of my memory!
 I wanted to capture the gelly pen work on the owl, but only got 2 halfway decent shots. I used a glittery gold metallic gelly pen to outline the owl body, and then one of those clear gelly pens (comes out milky white, dries clear-ish) on the eyes.
Here is another angled close-up. I think the Herringbone technique is one of my favorite go-to ways to use up paper strips. I think this combination of elements and colors worked pretty well. I love how new the look is, except I used so much that is old!

Thanks for visiting and let me know you came by. Hope you have some art in your life this week! xoxo

No comments: