Tuesday, March 29, 2016

I Love My Mail Art Friends !

Hello there! I interrupt my regular blogging to send thankful shout-outs and share my latest bounty of artful goodness.

Something that always brings me joy is getting a surprise in the mail. I'm like a kid at Christmas who gets a cool present. And today, I received not one, but TWO "presents"! What's sent is usually not expensive or trendy or predictable, but it is usually unpredictable and I love the surprise. Plus, it also usually includes something handmade and that, my friends, to me is priceless.

This cute cute card is from my longtime mail art card making exchange friend Katy in Indiana. This is a happy spring card. Katy rocks the skinny Stickles line. I am in awe of her ability to do this. Here she has done it twice. Isn't that mouse adorable? Thank you, Katy!

 My mailings back and forth with Katy aren't a total surprise, but this next present sure was! It's from my art friend Micky in Missouri! She sent a lovely stenciled and gelli'd handmade card that contained all these little goodies inside. I would love to be able to loosen up enough artistically to make a card like that. Maybe one day. Always enjoy looking at what Micky is up to in her art play. And I got some of it in that card and those gelli prints - yay!

I am a sucker for Victorian german scrap and so this has to be one of my faves. Love the rabbits and flowers and eggs. Yummy!

And this. The Jetsons were a childhood TV favorite of mine, so these will definitely be used on cards, and they are definitely a step up from Tweety Bird and Bugs Bunny (the valentines I had for card making before). Thanks so much, Micky! If you like what I sent you half as much as I like what you sent me, I'll be happy!

I love my mail art friends!












No comments: