Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tightly Leashed...and That's Okay

After a good 2 weeks of anxious self-doubt about being a round peg trying to fit a square hole, I've decided to hold out for the round hole. Here is my art journal spread about it. I worked on it at various times thruout my self-imposed angst, all the while hating it because it represented that which I did not want, while also reminding me of what I do not feel comfortable doing. But when it was finished, I ended up liking it alot. It feels good to be in my skin again. It was an unexpected challenge to meet so close to all the grand yearly plans, but my muse and I survived. Failure is okay...it leaves the door open to succeed another day!

6 comments:

Conelmate said...

Lovely colors, can't wait to see more of this journal

Bad Jones Rising said...

Hey there! I was looking through your work and said to myself "she has to have a blog..." and you do! haha, so here I am. I especially like your background and your New Year Art Goals List. I made one too! http://badjonesrising.tumblr.com/post/15347603414/newyearartgoallist

anyway, I am going back to reading and I have added you to the bloglist so we shall talk soon lady.
take care!

teri said...

Kudos to you for going with it and not giving in to the self critic. Good for you -- and I'm taking a page from your book!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

This post was shared at Creative Every Day Challenge Check-in for January 23-29, Linky # 56.

Joyfulploys said...

Hi Aimeslee...Your journal spread is really great...I love blues! Thank you for the info about Master Carve and the erasers...I think I will go the eraser route in the future, thanks again!
Mary

pauline said...

These journal page doodles are great! i love the colours...and i am such a sucker for dots & I see you have them everywhere!! :-) Keep posting. xoxo