Friday, January 20, 2012

Not into blogging lately...

Bubblegum Pink Glimmer Mist on a Prima stencil....
But I've been touching my creativity every day. I've historically acted on the assumption that I should only blog when I have some finished project to show, but I am going to try to change that to showing something, even if it is not a project or not finished. There are many times when I think to blog because I want to, but then I do not have anything to show so I don't. Can you tell that I desperately trying to adhere to a blogging schedule, lol?

Then colored with a variety of colorants, from Inktenses to Copics to gel pens...
Some things to share:
One: YAY, that annoying pop-up sign-in box is gone! I finally figured out what was causing it and where it was so I could delete it. What it was, was one of the blog links on one of my sidebar sections had become a password-protected closed blog after I linked it. And discovering that could happen sort of freaked me out, because it could happen any time. So, I think I'm going to eliminate my sections of blog links. You have no idea how close I came to shutting this down because of that pop-up. Now, maybe I'll try a make-over on it and keep it. The fact that I'm also on Flickr and now Facebook (I am going to add that link to my "my web sites" sidebar section, send me an FR!) just adds to my meh-ness about blogging. I could also try once a week instead of twice. We'll see. LOL, yes we will, won't we (as in que sara sara, like I'm that reliable to begin with? winkwink).
And finally, cut it down a bit and mounted on a card base with a little felt border lace and an old metal embellishment and felt flower aka Prima old school.
Two: the stenciled flourish, above, was one of my many attempts at unleashing my doodling. There's no doodles on there, you say? That's because each and every attempt got to a point in the process where  I  my muse envisioned something other than lesson.
Two stencils sprayed with Adirondack Ink...
And, I'd really like the look so I opted every time to go ahead and follow my muse. It was like, wow, I bet I can't make that again, better use it. I dunno, I've got a real block about loosening up the look of my art.
Acrylic paint on foam stamps...
I had fun, though. If the object was to play and explore supplies and let expression flow, then I was very successful.


An acrylic ink wash and some outlining in black wc pencil and smudge-shading with a damp Qtip...
  I still haven't figured out what I'm gonna do with this piece, above. I look and see a city building, so I'll pull out my collage sheet doors. I can make 2 card fronts out of this one piece if I can find where the perfect place to cut it in half is...

2 comments:

Cathy L. Calamas said...

yes you were very successful.Have a great weekend.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks, Cathy! xoxo

This post was shared at Creative Every Day Challenge Check-in for January 16-22, Linky# 110.