Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Tale of Two Turkeys

Well, I hope your Christmas went better than mine, dear readers. I awoke early on Sunday morning to a huge urge to upchuck. Santa left me a stomach virus, making my Christmas a real turkey.

But then, on Monday as I was recuperating (and still am), I learned that my Thanksgiving turkey card had been chosen by Gingersnap Creations as one of the 10 Ginger Gems this week for Challenge 128: Yellow, Red and Brown! So I say, that's a turkey worth having!

I'm quite excited and honored to be in the company of the other winners -- amazing art. And I'm very thankful to my friend Cathy, who is the person who suggested I enter. And I'm also so happy she won the drawing and prize for her darling creation.

All this was exciting and fun enough to make me escape my crappy post-viral state for a while. I appreciate that definitely a lot!

Here's hoping I'm even better tomorrow so I can share the December birthday cards I made.

No comments: