Saturday, November 5, 2011

Shiver Me Fall Timbers!


The heat was turned on here at Casa Miguel for the first time this season Friday night and the house stunk like the familiar smell that makes you think something is burning. Gotta love it. Our low outdoor temp was 39F. I was impressed. All the way down here, it got that cold. For the first time in years, I was feeling the Fall in the Fall Back An Hour. Which, if you are reading this and have not moved your clocks back if you are supposed to, then go do it.


The atc above, Happy Fall Y'all, was made for a monthly lottery in my Altered Designs group, but I won the lottery (yay, me!), so I ended up sending it to the lady who won the monthly lottery in my Paper Traders group because my wonderful husband gave that card to my nephew! What a bad husband! That atc was the Texas A&M collage I'd done, and I kind of thought my nephew would like it, but talked myself out of it because teens are not predictable. As it happened, said nephew visited and said husband showed it to him (he knows where I hang my art that is waiting to be mailed), and for the first time (and the last if he knows what's good for him) my husband decided to be my agent or something. In his defense, he said he figured I would want said nephew to have it, and he's right if I had not already promised it elsewhere. Anyway, the lady it was meant for was very nice and kind about it. I gave her a choice of 2 ATC's and she chose this one.
I used punches and Pearl-X for coloring. And got to use some of my brads that live in my black hole of stash.

This camping card was made for my friend who bought a camp in Maine. It's to congratulate her husband and her. I had a blast creating it. I used Card Patterns sketch 138. The sky is made with a scalloped circle mask and distress ink. The ground at the bottom is distress ink as well. The mountains behind the tree line is Basic Grey, the RV and trailer is a Quickutz 2x2 diecut and the trees are a border stamp by Clear Dollar Stamps.

This castle card, above, was made for my friend Katy who has moved up north to be with her aging dad. The castle stamp is ScrollsWork, and I cannot remember who makes the background text stamp. The frame is a Spellbinders diecut.

Don't forget to fall back an hour!

No comments: