Thursday, October 6, 2011

Game Day

Over at the Paper Traders blog, one of the current challenges is "Game Day". Since I literally run from Monday Night Football and most other forms of that game, and I wasn't in the mood to do dice or bingo or chess or checkers or any board concoction, I went thumbing through my September Texas Monthly Magazine and came upon a ton of tiny images of Texas A&M activity in both articles and ads. I am not one to look a gifthorse in the mouth, so I began cutting...and this is what I ended up with.

Since I actually attended this school for a year back in the prehistoric age (before realizing it wasn't a good fit for me), I think it actually is a pretty good representation of what it is like to be at one of their games. I went heavy on the traditon, because, well, it is a school heavy on tradition. (You figured out why it wasn't my type yet? hehe)  Don't get me wrong, I had a ton of fun there, and it was pretty challenging academically, too. Just not my cup of tea, and if you are an Aggie, you should be happy being one for life cuz you are gonna be exactly that.

Anyway, I ended up being pretty happy with this atc, so I may send it along to one of my nephews who has been planning to go there. Right now, it's in the WTA Lottery at Paper Traders, but if I give it to my nephew I'll just make another for the lottery.

2 comments:

teri said...

I love the vintage look of this.

Ivy said...

Very cool atc Aimeslee!