Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Preparing for a Staycay...


I've decided I'm gonna take a staycay vacay for a week. The idea's been gaining momentum with me all day, and I'm now starting to work on a bucket list of what I want to accomplish on it. It includes some fun excursions, but also some cdeep cleaning, cleaning out, and some rearranging, which I may not even reveal in detail because it might jinx it...all I'm saying at this time. But I've been making good progress on my furniture clearing and moving, and I've been doing my fitness stuff, so I'm feeling like I could be up to it. Plus, I am -- gasp -- a bit ahead in my art commitments (family cards, monthly lottery art, weekly theme art). So, I'm like, it's now or never. And as it includes packing up the various little makeshift workstations I've accumulated around the house, a stacay covers this well. Still don't know for sure the exact day it'll start, but this Friday is looking good. I will post a confirmation later.

But for now, more art to share!
This is a card I made using Stampers Corner sketch 293. It is the first of two cards I made where I went nuts with the ribbon...seems like the only way I'm gonna ever make a dent in my supply. On this one, I stamped on vellum, then colored it with Copics. The flame is coated with a yellow gelpen. I then ran it thru my Xyron to apply adhesive. That's the best way I know how to adhere vellum, yet still not perfect. After a few days, I'm seeing a couple of stubborn bubbles erupting. So much for that! It's sticking for the most part, though.

P.S. - See my sign above? I took a cartoon I found from googling "vacation postcards". In PSE, I created a new layer with a white background that was a couple inches bigger around than the cartoon, then layered the cartoon on top of it. Then, I used the Text tool in a dark purple to X out the Va and then added the Stay and turned it diagonally. Finally, I used the Brush tool in purple to stamp a brush around the edge to create a border. I changed to a darker purple and a smaller tighter brush to stamp around the very edge. Job done!

Even thouh there is really very little I know how to use in PSE, I try not to let that stop me! hehehehe