Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chore Day

Today I took care of bizness, meaning I worked on my stamp storage, the never-ending chore. I did some of my alphabets and thought, why not use my Fiskars stamp plate to stamp them all at once? Well, you know I had to try!
The grid on the plate was most helpful, as these Typewriter alphas by Nostalgique were red rubber and not transparent.
Here you can see them right before I push down on the plate to stamp (after putting my paper underneath it - just noticed there isn't any in the photo). Here's the stamped label in my online inventory photo:
See the U, Y and Z? I had to stamp those three again individually, but for the most part the Fiskars plate did a perfectly fine job. I probably did not ink those letters as well as I should have, to be honest. Inking the stamps was the hardest part of the entire thing, because there was just enough of a tiny variance among the letters in height for ink to miss some. This is the stamping block I use for background stamps and I don't have this problem, I guess because the larger stamp surface is even.

Here's the other new cd cases I created:

I had a little water accident on this last one. I'd used Tim Holtz distress ink and since it's a dye ink it's not waterproof. I've usually stamped with Memento, but I've been lazy lately. Dye ink is so much easier to clean off the stamps...