Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boo to You!

 Don't have a coronary, but I made some art. Shock! Faint! winkwink I'd been RAK'd some stamped images and boo bear witch was included. I colored her up with my Copics and cut her out. I think I must be rusty coming up with witty things, "Boo" was all I could muster.

I should address some mail I've received. It was suggested that I look into window film, and that is a good idea. Yes, I have. I've looked at Gila brand and I plan to put some on my playroom windows after I've set things up. I should probably do it now, but I just don't feel like it.

I also got some mail from other people who use the same curtains who like them very much like I do. It was suggested that solar reflective items are good things nowadays, and they are right. I shouldn't worry about the silver-ness.

Something that I hope to do is to layer the window area with all sorts of hanging art. It would be a work in progress, an "eventual" thing. A place I can rest my eyes and see pretty things. I've been thinking a lot lately about Christopher Lowell and how I always watched his old show on HGTV. He taught certain decorating principles of his, one of which was layering. Every room should have at least 7 layers of design elements, for instance: paint, flooring or carpeting, base furniture pieces, accent fabrics, moveable furniture (chairs, stools, carts), accessories, and lighting.