Sunday, September 19, 2010

In the groove

*Groovy* notecard
Groovy Shoes notecard


A little nostalgia on my mind lately, what with The Hubster's 40th (that's not a typo) high school reunion coming up. So, when my stamping group's monthly card theme of shoes came up, I pulled out my Kim Hughes for Corning Heritage Farms shoe stamp and my psychodelic Urban Lily papers.

I stamped on deli paper and that gave the shoe and sentiment enough of a transparency so that the patterned papers they're adhered to show through, and I really love that look.

I've been spending most of my free time lately messing with Hubs (he decided on the spur to take some vacay days) and fitting in as much reorganization work as possible on my art room and my stamps/cd case project. Hubs was good for some assisting in that...he finally took the two monster-sized computer monitors to the city recycling center as they have recently begun accepting computer equipment. The desk and CPU's will be going next, after I destroy the hard disks.

YouTube has several helpful video tutes on how to do this effectively. My favorite method is to drill 20 holes all around the platters and then benting them all out of shape. I've even thought of giving them a good coating of UTEE as a finishing touch. I'd like to see someone retrieve the data off a UTEE'd platter, hehe. And who knows, they might become recycled art. Ya never know!

No comments: