Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Technique trio

I have a few friends who are anxious to see the cards I made as a guest designer for my Technique Junkies newsletter. My work will be in the October/November issue, so I hope that I'll be able to share them next month for sure. This is a new experience for me, so I don't really know what to expect.

I do know that the experience was very good for me, as I can truly say that the work I did was some of my very best. I definitely kicked it up a notch or two. It was also taxing on me as far as my energy and stress levels. It seems that in the last few months I've gotten several opportunities to design, and although I've shied away from that in the past, if it weren't for my physical limitations I think I would have said yes to a few of them. But it is what it is for me as far as my health goes, and the guest designing process reminded me that I wouldn't be able to keep that kind of thing up on a permanent basis. I'd soon not be wanting it. It's times like those that I realize why the doctors wisely tell me, no stress. winkwink

Anyway, one of the techniques I was responsible for required a lot of practice. I want to share 3 practice cards with you. I had to order the coloring supplies for the technique, so while I waited for them to arrive I substituted with Glaze gelpens on these cards:

Creativity Notecard
"Creativity" notecard

I used a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous quote stamp on deli paper as the focal point for this card, and I chose very old patterned paper by KI Memories and Urban Lily to color with my Sakura Glaze gel pens. Shades of Abstract Art, huh? I love the moderne look.

Get Well greeting card
"Get Well" greeting card

This card uses a Stampin' Up set that is pretty corny with the pigs and all, but it is cute to me and was fun to color with my Copics. And more of the gelpenned patterned paper in the background...

Golfer Birthday card
"Golfer Par-Tee" birthday card

This card was made for my brother-in-law that likes to hunt and fish. He doesn't really golf, but that's okay. It's all good with him. I wanted to use my Bernie the Golfer stamp from I Brake for Stamps, as well as my Sizzix golf flag. This time I made a whimsical golf course landscape out of the abstract patterned paper.

I know I'm being mysterious as to the details of technique, but that's the rules. Hopefully in October I'll be able to share more about it. And for the record, when you see my *real* cards, you won't be able to see a connection with these I'm sharing today. It will be surprising, I promise.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hey girlie! I hope you are doing well. Congrats on the guest designer gig! That is exciting to hear.

I like your cards and now I am interested to see what you did for the assignment.

Diane O. said...

Anxious to see the newsletter. Congrats for getting the guest designer "thang".