Monday, August 23, 2010

Time for school

Back to School card
~Stamps used: Pink Persimmon (girl, wagon, books), Michelle Ward GPP (comp book cover), Technique Tuesday (words circle)~
The theme of my monthly yahoo group card mingle for August was *Back-to-school*. This theme comes up this time every year and I'd bought this darling stamp set a few months back with the theme in mind. I stamped, colored and cut out each stamped piece to collage this card and, although it took more time and energy than usual, I love the effect it gives and the added dimension. You may be thinking that purple is an odd choice here and you are right, but it does go well with black and red, doesn't it? That card blank base was in my stash and begging me to use it, so...

ATC sentiment translation: Work Conquers All Things; misc. stamps used, image transfer using packing tape of an image provided free by Cora's Clearly Vintage...

This atc never had any premeditated direction until it created its own...I was only along for the ride. Strange but true: I'd cut out the Latin sentiment because I liked the shape of it, and only thought to translate on Google at the last moment. Well, time for chills down the spine, since it was perfect for my card's subject!

3 comments:

jillconyers said...

I just forwarded you an email from Archivers. When I saw the 7 Gypsies ATC photo tray I thought of you and your wonderful creations.

Vicky said...

both lovely atc's Aimeslee. the school one is so nice with all its elements , I especially like the composition book :)

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I love it! I too am working on "back to school" type projects! I want to get back to the ATC's!