Thursday, July 29, 2010

*Sweet Roses* fabric atc

{hey y'all}. Thought I'd check in and share a little bit in between Christmas-cardmaking...

*Sweet Roses* fabric atc (traded)
**Click on photo to see larger**
This is a fabric atc for my weekly mingle group (I'm trying to work ahead in spare moments as thankfully, the themes are posted in advance) I was RAK'd a lovely image transfer on cotton from my friend Karen, and so it was like an omen to use it for this card. Fabric scrap strips that have tiny roses on them, some textured vintage cotton lace that reminds me a little of lattice, plus two crushed paper roses round out the card. Karen did a super job on the transfer and my goal was simply to enhance it. I always tend to shy away from doing fabric atc's, so even though this is pretty straightforward, I am quite pleased with how it turned out and I think it frames the focal image well.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

what a beautitful atc. love the lace .

Barb said...

And a "how-dee" right back at ya Aimeslee,
Thanks for your recent "visit" to my blog. Ü
Luv the lace and soft look of your ATC.
Barb in Texas

Darlene said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Hope you are well! I've been going crazy ... laptop crashed and I just got it back and am trying to get everything back the way I want it to be ... uuugh!!
Keep up the awesome work!