Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter and Circus wrap-up

I bet you are surprised that I've been posting so often. I'm even more surprised that I forgot to share with you the easter cards I made for Missy and my mother-in-law.
They would be identical except for the crosses used and also the ribbon is placed a bit differently. One of my favorite things to do with vellum is to Cuttlebug-emboss it and maybe swipe a little chalk ink across it randomly. Solid vellum works great but patterned is even better. Doncha just wanna touch it?

The carousel horses was yet another free Dover image I had squirreled away in the computer files, so I printed it out in black and white and went to town with my Prisma pencils. This was a great way to use a few of my MAMBI skinny border stickers, too.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter Sunday. Hubs worked and brought home some of the bbq chicken they had made. It was really good. I had mine with some of the Kraft Mac n Cheese + Real Cheese leftover from the other day and the last of the black beans. Total carb-out with meat. Luckily, that was about all I ate for the day. I start every day fresh for low carb, though, and so far I have kept off what I lost before Christmas and what I lost during the February push. And I have fallen off the wagon quite a lot. Luck and my stubbornness in getting back on the horse every day must be what has helped.

Tomorrow I will show a little wall hanging I made for my friend Lotus who sends me postcards of her stamp carvings and who is trading atc's with me. It will be dry by then and I can photog it.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

These are GORGEOUS creations! I never think to run the vellum through the Cuttlebug ... thanks so much for that tip and inspiration! Fabulous work!!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

I'm creative with the folder. Look at what You've done! Your Easter card is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Aww i am loving all of these. Love the floral one in particular
hugs June xxx