Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pop-Tart

Just popping in to show this recent anniversary card creation --
This card began with two things: a clear vellum sentiment sticker and this sketch from over at Paper Craft Planet:
Then, I finally purchased some rainbow ink pads (one Kaleidoscope and 4 Ranger Big n Juicy pads). So, I'm trying to think of an integrated way to incorporate that sentiment sticker...without it looking like a sticker. And then it occurs to me to brayer some rainbow ink over the stamped gate and then stick the sticker down over that. So, that's what I did. Cool, huh?

I've had that stamp for ages and long ago forgot who made it, but I do know that the dancing border is a Dee Gruenig Posh stamp called Estruscan Joy. I also rainbow-brayered the stamped border. And I used my brick wall background stamp by I Brake for Stamps to stamp a little bit of the piece behind the sticker focal image.

I'm usually not so dimensional with mail art, nor very mixed media minded when creating greeting cards, but the Muse moved me to gather up embroidery thread, a K&Co. chipboard heart, a MM blossom and silver lock and key charms, and make a little embellie.

I inked both the blossom and the heart beforehand, and I used my CropaDile to punch holes for attaching the charms. It turned out kinda weird but kinda cool, so no harm done. Best of all, I bashed a little stash.

I have to say I love brayering ink. I've never done it before because I didn't want to have to clean up the brayer, but then somewhere I saw someone open the top of her baby-wipe container and roll the ink off onto the top of the wipe stack. Doh! Why didn't I think of that? I am envisioning several lab experiments with my new tools. Happy Happy Joy Joy! winkwink

4 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Very pretty card! I like how you layered the sentiment over the stamped gate image and the heart/key embellishment at the top corner. :)

2amscrapper said...

I love the paper you used!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Cute card! Love how creative you've been! And haha, but I agree with the brayer cleaning.... so just get baby wipes? Looks like I might be trying that brayer again!

Jean Franks Beck said...

A fun and creative card!