Friday, March 26, 2010

Fun with ink and gelpens

Supplies: 4x4 coaster, leftover white cardstock from which a Nestabilities was cut out, Posh Inkabilities reinkers, Ranger Tim Holtz distress inks, Glimmer Mists, stipple brushes and sponges, Ranger Inksentials white gel pen, Inkadinkado dancer stamp, misc. unknown flourish stamps, QK Sophisticate tiny clear alpha stamps, Sakura Gelly Roll pen, Stazon inks, heat gun

It's not every day that I have as much fun creating something as I did this. I knew 2 things when I began -- that I needed to make a 4x4 Dance-themed chunky page, and that I wanted to use the white cardstock saved from last week when I diecut a Nestability frame from it.

I had seen someone in my Technique Junkies group do a card using the Bandana Technique that morning and thought, okay, let's check that out. Still had my Posh reinkers out and incorporated them and my Glimmer Mists into the mix.

This technique forced me to use and use and use my white gel pen, and I discovered that I've been giving up on it too soon. It doesn't flow that well unless it gets a very good long workout, but then look out Lois! So, if your white gel pen acts like it's clogged or shy, take a dark piece of construction paper and just do some doodling...for about 5 solid minutes. If it still works, it will be primed up nicely by then. I also keep a little piece of paper towel in my other hand and "pinch" the pen tip with it to keep it clear of anything it might pick up from what I'm drawing on.

3 comments:

June said...

Fabulous work Aimeslee and the gel pen just makes it so striking so worked well
hugs June xxxxx

Teresa aka Tess said...

I so need to get a white gel pen. This is so beautiful. Love the art in motion quote. You have such great ideas....

Daria said...

Very cool! I love all the inking you did, and your image is showcases perfectly.

Thank you for the tip on about the white gel pen.