Saturday, December 12, 2009

Holiday Cards Galore...

I've been having a Christmas card making marathon at my house, so let me show you some of them. First up is a little something I thought up to solve a specific problem. One of my brother-in-laws is Catholic and his wife is Jewish, so I have always just kept their holiday card generic in the past. This time, though, I got a wild hair and thought up what I call a 2fer Flip card. It's 2 cards in one, each of them gets a side! Here's the wife's side:


I used Junkitz Teresa Collins Homespun Holiday papers, Doodlebug vellum, calendar diecuts in my stash, and the sentiment was made with Making Memories alpha stickers that I colored on and over with markers to get an arts n crafts look.

Now for the fun part. Once Hanukkah is over with and they are done displaying it, they can just flip the card over, and display this until Christmas:

I used papers from the same collection as above, and the sentiment is a Making Memories tag with Chatterbox covered eyelets. The shakerbox focal embellishment is by Christina Cole.

Pretty cool, huh? I used sketches for both card designs from my Stampers Corner yahoo group. And the snowman card is also my very first entry for the Pick 3 Challenge over at Stamping Vacation. The 3 rules I chose were:
1. Use a sentiment embellishment
2. Do not use any stamps
3. Use an embellishment as the main focus of your card

I have some gingerbread men diecuts, so I made a couple of cards with them:

The paper is Chatterbox Holiday Lodge collection, the sentiment and the velvet ric rac are Making Memories and the snowflake brads are Queen & Co. I heavily inked the paper edges with Colorbox Chestnut Roan chalk ink.

And this card:


Same papers as the first card. Used my Spellbinders Nestabilities to mat the gingerbread guy, and the Candyland vintage label is by Melissa Frances.

I went from gingerbread to bear diecuts next. This is my parents' card:

I was still using the Chatterbox papers, and another Melissa Frances vintage label. Added a little Making Memories ric rac and Queen & Co. snowflake felt. The sentiment is a stamp by Papertrey Ink, and the roof is a stamp by Inka's Stamps.

2 comments:

artbeckons said...

What cute cards - I especially like the gingerbread men... too cute!

Denise Clark said...

Wow, you've been busy! First welcome to Stamping Vacation and our PICK 3 Challenge! I'm so glad you joined us!

Your card is VERY cool! What a great idea for a family that has two traditions! Love your idea! And you did a great job on both sides! Wonderful!