Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Over the Flu Hump

I'm doing better, finally. Since I last posted, The Hubster came down with it, too. He even took a day off work, which is shocking in itself if you know him. I think he had perfect attendance grades 4 through 12 (grades 1-3 had a few days of absence due to mumps, measles and chicken pox, or he'd have had perfect attendance there, too). Anyway, he's back at it and recovering slowly but surely as well.

Oh, where to start catching up? Ah, oldest first. Here's my next art journal page, back in March (looks Halloween-ish, doesn't it? It's the Marah Johnson skull rub-ons):



The rest of today's photos are creations made last month. Here is a 4x6 artist postcard. I do not know what came over me to draw this...acute bravery, I guess (my courage isn't cute, just strong hehe). I guess it was time for me to play with the shabby whimsical portraits I've been learning to draw in Suziblu's class.
I call it Jane's New Dress because it looks like she's modeling it a little shyly. I used a charcoal pencil rubbed in with rubbing alcohol (it earned its name) and watersoluble oil pastels using watercolors as the wetting medium:

After it was finished, I realized I'd used Halloween colors, and she would have made a great Good Witch with the addition of a black hat or broom. Oh well, next time.
Next, how about an artist trading card?
The weekly mingle theme was purple power, so this is titled Purple Marie. I took a dusty mauve purple card base and rubbed in some w/s oil pastels. Then I stamped in purple around three corners and heat embossed in sparkly clear powder before adhering the images, from a collage sheet by Collage Visions.

Finally, a greeting card, made for another one of my nephews for his birthday:

I used sketch #160 from my yahoo group Stampers Corner and some ancient Scrapworks papers and diecut.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Popping in to say hello and that I'm glad you're "flu bug free!" Take care of yourself, please.

teri said...

ok what???? you DREW that? I'm so PROUD of you!!!! Holy cow aimeslee, you are a prodigy! Nothing will stop you now.

I didn't know you've been sick, but so glad you are out the other side and feeling better. xo

Laura Haviland said...

I just love the pink skull head, screaming cool !
Your art work is just so creative, love it.
I wanted to join as your follower.
I will be back and thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate your kind comments.
Have a great day Aimeslee.
Hugs, Laura.
I love skull too !!!!haha