Tuesday, September 15, 2009

High School No-Knows

I've been trying for awhile now to use up my paper scraps (heck, all my stuff, anything will do!). Since I'm in an art journaling class that uses paper collage, I'm thinking about letting my scrapbook style come out and play even more than it usually gets to. So, just warning you, if my art journaling pages look more and more like a scrapbook page in the future, you read it here first. :-)
Day 7 (yes, I am behind, but still chugging along!) of my Kelly Kilmer class page:
The tags are great, so I can keep the journaling hidden (sorry). My journaling is on the backs of the tags...3 subjects: boys, math, and electives plus room for more subject tags in the future.
Top half of the page is covered with a boatload of teenager-type stickers left over from scrapping for my former teen child, Missy. :-) Only got rid of one sheet, so I'll have to do this again sometime.
The image of the girls (and 3 other retro images you cannot see) courtesy of Nancy Baumiller and Crowabout for Week 46. (I'm old, that was the actual style of dress in my day, lol.) And the design was inspired by LotusPaperie's Challenge 140 sketch.
Ridiculously old Urban Lilly scrap papers (that unnerve me how well they go with the stickers) were used to cover the shipping tags and the pocket front. I brushed on a thin coat of whitewash to dull things a bit. Scrapworks alpha rub-ons and my Pitt and Uniball Signo pens. Let me add: these are still just paper scraps, I did not cut into any full sheets. yay!

2 comments:

Laura Kay said...

Wow! You have been busy! All of your journal pages look so good! I like that you are playing around with different techniques. I can't believe ALL of those classes you are taking!!! You go Girl!!!

Linda said...

You have been a busy woman. First let me say that I love this entry. I also like the fantasy final resting place. Thanks for the shout out too. I have a bind it all on my Christmas list. One day I hope to be like TIna too, she creates some wonderful minis.