Sunday, September 20, 2009

Art journaling month (for me) continues...


Ah, ode to Summer! Don't you just wanna jump right into that smile?

Well, even my backyard pool (and that happy-face pool isn't mine) is beginning to get a bit too cold for comfort these days. So, it's just as well that I live vicariously through my art journaling. I did hear that today's high temperature will be in the low 90's, but in the 80's for Monday and Tuesday, so unless we have a sustained week of temps like today, my backyard swimming days are over for this year unless I want to endure cold-shock therapy. I think I may just try getting in one more time late this afternoon, just to say I did it and say au revoire for one more year.

Anyway, when I think of water, I think of pools. And when I think of nature, I think of water. And the prompt I was following asked us if we prefer nature in the form of the woods or the ocean. You know me. My answer was neither. LOL While I absolutely LOVE looking/gazing at an ocean view, I don't much enjoy the beach and sand thing. In my life I've gotten more than my share of sunburns and ear infections at the beach. (Being out in the wind would give me an ear infection every time.)

And the woods just come in last, in my book. Chiggers, ticks, mosquitoes, snakes, critters, dirt. Not if I can help it. I am famous in my world for not liking to be dirty filthy for too long. I have done camping in my younger days and it would always take me 2-3 days to get used to being dirty. Then, it would be time to go home, so what's the use? I know it's really girly of me, but you can go camping and hiking for me. Have fun. :-)


5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Is that water color behind your writing? Inquiring minds need to know.

I'm planning a page for later (after the mowing and other outside activities)with a watercolor background.

My first page was just horrible because I put gesso on the page first. Watercolor over gesso was not good!

Anonymous said...

Loving you're art journal creations.
Such a beautiful blog!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I don't mind being a mentor. Such an honor! I love both these artist's also.
Isn't this just a wonderful place?
Have a great creative time!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

love what your creating girl! We have to close up our pool yet, what a waste it was this year... ugh! Thanks so much for the email, heads up.... I wouldn't have known! I will keep you informed!

Bimbimbie said...

Love the smiley pool*!*