Monday, August 24, 2009

The power of imagination

Here is a recent page from my Little Gluebook of Wisdom composition book journal. I stamped the girls and the paisley in black versafine ink, scanned them, then printed them out on my laserjet, then made packing tape image transfers out of them.

The background is from several I've been doing from the Kelly Kilmer class I bought several months ago and did not finish. I am LOVING doing the backgrounds now. Guess I wasn't ready for them back then. I will be taking another month of her A Prompt A Day class in September.

The cut-out paper I used here is from K&CO, as are most of the square and rectangle scraps I laid down before painting. The quote is from a sheet of old Chatterbox stickers. The brown ribbon is an orphaned piece.

Thanks for looking and hope you like it. I have several more ready to share and will be doing so, and several others almost ready. Art journaling is finally coming easier to me! (but did I just say that out loud and jinx it? Hope not! lol)

Until next time,

5 comments:

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

I feel like I haven't visited your blog in forever. I've just been going back through some old posts and gawking at your wonderful artwork. Sorry I've been MIA most of the summer. I took a little break from art and blogging to spend more time with my daughter who was home from college. She's back at school and I'm back to my art.
You've been doing some fabulous pieces. I really love this one!
Have a great week.
cathy

Nancy Wyatt said...

WOW! You are so very talented! I would love to dabble in this art but don't even know where to begin! Thanks for sharing! Hugs from Conroe!

Laura Kay said...

I love this page! And what a great idea to use an art journal for your favorite quotes! You are releasing your inner messy artist! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Hello Aimeslee!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment. I've waited to reply to your comment as I wanted to visit your blog. I had a wonderful time poking around your blog. You are doing such great work there. Keep it up.

Creatively,
Stacy

http://www.icanonlyimagine.typepad.com

Linda said...

I'm the one playing catch up now. :) I love how the humidor came out. Same with the wedding invite, that is a beautiful gift.

And I really loved catching up on your other blog, all I can say is same here.