Friday, February 13, 2009

As I just blogged about over at my Antics and Rantics blog, I've been held hostage in Offline World the last few days, so if ya missed me that's where I was, at home...No phone, no pool, no pets, I ain't got no cigarettes...yeah, okay, not that bad off (apologies to Roger Miller).

Anyway, I do have some art to share. In fact, I have a little inventory built up now. Just in time too, because I have to devote my time these next few days to cleaning, moving furniture, and some @#%#$%#$ miscellaneous paperwork.

I'm still sketching with my first cup of coffee every day and will not stop because I want it to become a habit, but lately it's been taking me days to finish one sketch. That cup of coffee is getting drunk too quickly! LOL I need a BigGulp coffee cup, I suppose...
I finally finished the journaling on the last few January *almost daily* pages I did. This is the page using the background I did by glueing the junk mail catalog page strips on and then gessoing. I then brushed on a glaze made with Golden Nickel Azo Gold fluid acrylic and some fluid matte medium. I went to town using up some tags and cardstock letters from my scrap supplies. I didn't want to cover the background up completely, since it was the focus of my journaling, so this border design was what I came up with.

Until next time,

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love the pages, and wow, if you have just about done a journal page every day of the month, kudos to you! Fantastic job.